About the Department
English Department is one of the principal Departments of RAAK. It has been quite effectively functioning from 2007, the year the parent of RAAK was born. The Department attained an enormous significance ever since the Multi-National Corporations started recruiting young Engineering graduates with communication competencies. For the past fifteen years, there has been a new shift wherein the English Department lays a lot of importance on improving the communication abilities and also the soft skills abilities of the students in consonance with the Industrial needs. In this way, the English Department has directly and indirectly helped thousands of the RAAK graduates secure lucrative job offers with fanciful salaries.
In order to fine-tune communication competencies of the students, the English Department imparts the various nuances of the English language such as, Pronunciation (especially the British Pronunciation with a neutral accent) and also Accent that help the learners master their day-to-day communication and also a sizable contemporary vocabulary very much needed for the emerging Industry.
To mould the young minds into worthy citizens of the country enabling them to contribute their best to the society by maximizing their potential in communication related avenues.
To serve the economically and socially backward children of our country and help them communicate fluently in English and instill confidence into them to take up lucrative positions so as to help them reach greater heights in their respective community.
Program Educational Objectives
- Would have been serving in the leading English Dailies and Periodicals as Sub-Editors, and News Correspondents.
- Would have been employed in various Call Centres.
- Would have found employment as Teachers in reputed Institutions.
- Would have gone for Higher Studies.
- Would have been running their own Educational Institutions.
- Would have been running their own Advertising Firms.
- Ability to develop a life-long passion for the English language and literature.
- Ability to speak good Indian English by gaining sufficient practice in classrooms and also in the language laboratory.
- Ability to make Oral Presentations.
- Ability to take part in Group Discussions.
- Ability to face any kind of Interviews.
- Ability to interpret Literary Texts.
- Ability to teach English in reputed Institutions.
- Ability to prepare Copy Writing and News Stories