About the Department
The Department of Business Administration was established in the year 2007 and is affiliated to Thiruvalluvar University.
Our academic programs are designed to provide graduates with cutting edge skills and attributes that make them excel in their respective field. Our Department is imbibed with modern infrastructure and technological support to facilitate teaching, learning and personality development of its future manager sand professionals. Our lecture rooms and computer facilities are well-equipped and we have excellent library resources. Students are encouraged to follow their passion and aspirations when choosing their study.
To be a world renowned business school of excellence in education and research.
To develop globally competent and socially responsible Leaders and Entrepreneurs through world class business education and research.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will undertake diverse careers in global management, administration and entrepreneurship.
- Graduates will possess professional competence to do higher studies, research, lifelong learning for continuous growth and development.
- Graduates will be a responsible citizen and leader to empower the business organizations through their ethical, social and legal business solution.
- Equip with advanced business acumen that helps them to understand the key business functions and organizational resources for efficient business management.
- Acquire knowledge and skills in management, finance, accounting, marketing, human resource, technology, organizational behaviour, economics, operations and business law.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex, unstructured qualitative and quantitative problems by collecting, analyzing data by using accounting, financial, mathematical, statistical tools, information and communication technologies to solve the complex business problems.
- Apply technology to enhance organizational efficiency and create innovative business solutions.
- Exhibit business‐related behavioral skills including leadership, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), team, and lifelong learning skills.
- Analyze global market opportunities and their influence on strategic marketing decisions.
- Develop legal and ethical strategic plans that align with an organization’s mission.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in understanding managerial issues and problems related to the global economy and international business.
- Familiarize with social responsibility issues that managers must address, including business ethics, cultural diversity, and environmental concerns.
- Acquire entrepreneurial traits to start and manage their own innovative business successfully.
- Acquire hands-on experience in administration and research.
- Acquire leadership skill and knowledge through participation in consultancy, fieldwork, and student organization.