About the Department
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications was established in the year 2010 to meet the challenges of emerging scenario in 21st century and optimally utilizes the new opportunities in the field of Commerce and Computer Applications. The main objective of the department is to equip and enable the students to pursue professional courses like CA, ICWA & ACS. The specialization subjects are Income tax, Corporate Accounting, Financial Management, Tally, Internet and Web Design.
To be a vibrant and innovative centre for commerce education, to equip students with knowledge and skills in commerce stream, to inculcate values and identify hidden talents, to provide opportunities for students to realize their full potential and thus shape them into future leaders, entrepreneurs and to enable the students to update their knowledge in the field of e-Commerce above all good human beings.
- To Provide quality education in the field of Commerce.
- To Imbibe moral values of life in the minds of youth.
- To Enable the students to play a vital role in the field of E-Commerce by updating their knowledge with the upcoming new techniques.
- To promote leadership qualities and to develop entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- To Extend the services of the department for the betterment of the society.
Program Educational Objectives
The Commerce program aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Will be capable of making a positive contribution to the accountancy in public practices, Govt commerce and industry.
- Will be able to pursue research in their chosen field of marketing, finance and HR.
- Will be able to demonstrate team spirits, skills and values continue to learn and adapt to change throughout their professional career.
- To provide the students about computing principles and business practices in software solutions, outsourcing services, public and private sectors.
The Commerce graduates should be able to:
- Accounting knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, Social science, accounting fundamentals, and accounting specialization to the solution of complex accounting & management problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse socio – economic problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of statistics, natural and social sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for economic problems and design case study, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Understand the concepts of key areas in computer science.
- Analyze and apply latest technologies to solve problems in the areas of computer applications.
- Analyze and synthesis computing systems through quantitative and qualitative techniques.