About the Department
We at RAAK have decided to start the Department of Chemistry, to bring in excellence to all other departments of the institute. Presently, the department is offering a three-year degree programme- B.Sc. Chemistry. The course is designed to provide an undergraduate program that will give practical exposure, improve critical thinking and prepare the students for a rewarding professional career.
To become a center of Excellence offering quality education and innovation in the field of Chemistry and to meet out the industrial needs.
- To develop the students to excel in the field of Chemistry.
- To motivate and prepare the students to pursue higher studies and to develop sustainable innovative solutions for the nation.
Program Educational Objectives
- Have firm foundations in the fundamentals and application of current chemical and scientific theories.
- Are able to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of chemical experiments.
- Are able to use modern instrumentation and classical techniques, to design experiments, and to properly record the results of their experiment.
- Are skilled in problems solving, critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Are able to identify and solve chemical problems and explore new areas of research.
- Are able to use modern library searching and retrieval methods to obtain information about a topic, chemical, chemical technique, or an issue relating to chemistry.
- Knows the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling and use of chemicals and can follow the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling when using chemicals.
- Are able to communicate the results of their work to chemists and non-chemists.
- Understand the ethical, historic, philosophical, and environmental dimensions of problems and issues facing chemists.
- Find gainful employment in industry or government, be accepted at graduate or professional schools (law, medicine, etc.), or find employment in school systems as instructors or administrators.
- Graduates will be able to master a broad set of chemical knowledge concerning the fundamentals in the basic areas of the discipline (organic, inorganic, analytical, physical and biological chemistry.
- Graduates will be able to solve problems competently by identifying the essential parts of a problem and formulating a strategy for solving the problem. They will be able to rationally estimate the solution to a problem, apply appropriate techniques to arrive at a solution, test the correctness of the solution, and interpret their results.
- Graduates will be able to use computers in data acquisition and processing and use available software as a tool in data analysis.
- Graduates will be able to use modern library search tools to locate and retrieve scientific information about a topic, chemical, chemical technique, or an issue relating to chemistry.
- Graduates will be able to understand the objective of their chemical experiments, properly carry out the experiments, and appropriately record and analyze the results.
- Graduates will be able to use standard laboratory equipment, modern instrumentation, and classical techniques to carry out experiments.
- Graduates will know and follow the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling and use of chemicals.
- Graduates will be able to communicate the concepts and results of their laboratory experiments through effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Graduates will be able to successfully pursue their career objectives in advanced education in professional and/or graduate schools, in a scientific career in government or industry, in a teaching career in the school systems, or in a related career following graduation.