About the Department
RAAK decided to launch its Computer Science program to meet the global needs of industrial world. With this aim, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program were offered in 2007. This Program aim to attract bright students throughout country for quality education at under-graduate level. This program is designed to produce IT professionals with latest technical and professional skills to meet the requirements of the industry.
To become a center of Excellence offering quality education and innovation in Computer Science and Information Technology to meet out the societal needs.
- To develop the students to excel in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- To motivate and prepare the students to pursue higher studies and to develop sustainable innovative solutions for the society.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of the program will become technically competent to pursue higher studies.
- Graduates of the program will utilize modern and advanced technological tools for performing Investigation, analysis and synthesis by identifying various computer solutions.
- Graduates of the program will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and will be able to become leaders in their organization, their profession and in society.
- Ability to apply knowledge in mathematics and science fundamentals to solve problems.
- Ability to use a range of programming languages and tools to develop computer programs to solve problems effectively.
- Design, and analyze precise specifications of algorithms, procedures, and interaction behavior.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in industry and society.
- Ability to work in teams to build software systems and apply the technologies in various fields of Computer Science, including Mobile applications, Web site development and management, databases, and computer networks.
- Ability to select appropriate techniques to tackle and solve problems in the discipline of information security management.
- Understand the basic concepts of system software, hardware and computer graphics.